Please do not hesitate to contact us for availability, bookings or friendly advice on carp fishing holidays at Vallee Lake.

0033 235 94 66 85 / 0033 677 22 51 99
Mon-fri 9am-6pm
Postal Address
Vallee Lake, BP35, 76340, Blangy sur Bresle, France
Vallee Lake 1
Rue Du Gue, 76340, Nesle Normandeuse, France
Latitude: 49.900425
Longitude: 1.687178
Vallee Lake 2
Grande Rue, Nesle L’Hopital, 80140, France
Latitude: 49.900982
Longitude: 1.692953


  • Leave the ferry and head for the A16 South (Boulogne/Rouene)
  • Continue on the A16 to the toll and stay on the A16 (SW)
  • Come off the A16 at Exit 23 and take the A28 (W)
  • At exit 5 bear right (SW) onto local roads (Blangy-sur-Bresle)
  • Final directions given upon on booking.
  • Leave the ferry and head for the A16 (E402)
  • at the roundabout take the first exit onto D925
  • at the next roundabout take the 3rd exit onto D920
  • Continue east on D14
  • Bear left onto D920
  • at the roundabout take 3rd exit A28.
  • Continue North on A28 (E402)
  • At A28 Exit 5, bear right (SW) and turn right onto local roads
  • arrive at Blangy- sur-Bresle
Le Havre
  • From the port head towards E5/N15
  • Head East along the E5 for 4.5km and stay on E5 (N282 east) for 2.7km
  • Continue East on A131(E5)
  • Bear right onto A29(E44)
  • Toll Booth stay on A29(E44)
  • Toll Road stay on A29(E44) east
  • Continue north on A28(E402)
  • At exit 5 bear right then left onto D49 and continue west on local roads.
  • Turn left onto N28 for 1.1km then left onto local roads
  • arrive at Blangy- sur-Bresle

Driving in France

These are the basic items that you must have with you at all times whilst driving or riding a motorcycle in France:

  • A valid driving licence covering you for the vehicle you are driving/riding
  • An up-to-date passport (with at least six months left to run) for each occupant of the vehicle
  • Vehicle insurance documents, providing at least third-party cover
  • A Green Card (from your insurer) covering your vehicle and any trailer or caravan that you are towing
  • A valid MOT certificate if your vehicle is over 3 years old
  • V5 log book or a VE103 document for rented/hired vehicles
  • warning triangle (excl motorbikes)
  • It is illegal to drive with an important bulb gone. Having a spare bulb kit will help to avoid this
  • High Visibility Vest for each occupant of the vehicle
  • Your vehicle (and any trailer/caravan/boat you are towing) should be displaying a GB sticker
  • An Animal Health Certificate from your Vet for any pets you have with you
  • A valid visa if your stay will take you over 90 days in any 180-day period

² There is some suggestion that this only applies to helmets made or sold in France.  However, as this is first and foremost a safety feature - we still recommend that all motorcyclists have them.

Other Legal Requirements

(new post-Brexit changes highlighted in bold)

In addition, you should bear these in mind:

  • Drivers have to be at least 18 years of age
  • Moped and Motorcycle (up to 125cc) riders need to be at least 16 years of age
  • Your vehicle should be taxed in the UK
  • Your dipped headlamps must be adjusted so as not to dazzle oncoming traffic²
  • All occupants must wear a seat-belt at all times whilst in the vehicle
  • Children under 10 years of age should be in an approved and appropriate child restraint or booster seat (appropriate for their size and weight)³
  • You must not use your mobile telephone whilst driving, even through a hands-free system or Bluetooth headset
  • You must not use anything in or on your vehicle which warns you of the location of speed cameras⁴
  • You must not wear headsets or headphones whilst driving (except motorcycle helmets which have these integrated)
  • If you have a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) card, this will cover you until it runs out.  The UK Government is planning to introduce a new Global Health Insurance Card, but in the meantime you should ensure you have sufficient travel insurance cover if you do not have a valid EHIC card.

² Some modern vehicles have a control to adjust the direction of the headlights, and some LED headlights do not need beam deflectors.  All other vehicles should be fitted with headlamp converters to block or redirect the beam that would otherwise have shone onto the offside of the road when driven in France.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy and Privacy Statement.